10.01.2012

Mama's Dirty Li'l Secret!



YES IT'S TRUE! 'Mama's Dirty Li'l Secret' were so sweet to do this interview for our blog.
Go check out their music, and follow them on twitter! :) 
______________________________________________________________________

1; When did you get into music?
Oki Kintanma: In the womb. My mom used to sing to me, so I popped out loving music. I learned how to play the beginning of Thriller on a desk lamp.
JavOnDrums: I was late. It wasn't until I was fourteen. I didn't have a drum kit, so I learned by playing on my pillows.
† The Deacon †: Yeah, I was late too. In grade school, a classmate wrote a song for graduation and I thought, "wow, how the hell to do you do that?" Then, in high school, I had a music class where we were taught guitar and I was hooked. The following week, I started private guitar lesson and about a year after that I wrote my first song, "They All Want Something!"


2; How do you guys know each other?
† The Deacon †: I met Oki via Craig's List and I stole Jav from another band.


3; When was the first time you were performing?
† The Deacon †: Mama's Dirty Li'l Secret has been around for 5 years. The current line up with Oki and Jav have been playing together since 2010.


4; What are your thoughts on music today and the music from the past?
Oki: There's so much great shit from the past; so many different eras. A lot of the newer stuff has the soul sucked out of it.JavOnDrums: In the near future, the kids of today are going to be having the same conversation about how the "new" shit sucks!
† The Deacon †: There is so much great music out there! The problem is that you actively have to seek it out. I'm willing to spend hours looking for cool music and bands, so I hear great shit most of the time.


5; Who are your influences?
† The Deacon †: The Sisters of Mercy, Prince, The Cure, Fishbone, The Dead Kennedys
Oki: Bootsy Collins, Jerry Jemmott, James Jamerson, John Paul Jones, "Family Man."
JavOnDrums: Foo Fighters, Deftones, Mama's Dirty Li'l Secret!
† The Deacon †: Oki brings the Funk, Jav hammers the Metal and I really play funk rhythms over punk progressions.


6; What's your all time favorite album?
† The Deacon †: There's no fucking way I can answer that! It changes per hour! For me, it all depends on my mood, the time of day… even who I'm with at the time. (Pausing to think more deeply…) Well, The Cure's "Mixed Up" has been on every one of my players. 
Oki: The first one that comes to mind is Houses of The Holy by Led Zeppelin. They were just getting funky!


7; Are there any books or movies that inspires you, both as a person and as a band?
† The Deacon †: Purple-fucking-Rain!
Oki: Coming To America!
Jav: My long hair inspires me to drum. LOL!


8; What is your favorite animal?
Jav: Monkey.
Oki: I don't understand the question; to eat? what I want to be? I want to be human.
† The Deacon †: Cats. Because they're just cool.


9; What is your absolutely favorite thing to do in the summer?
† The Deacon †: To chill with my Lady, with some music and some Green.
Jav: Get naked.

10; Do you have anything exciting coming up in the near future?
† The Deacon †: Our new EP, "Big City, Dirty Nights," is coming out this spring.


11; Do you have any advice to people who want to make music but maybe is unsure of it?
† The Deacon †: Do what you love. No matter what. It's not easy, but it is possible!
Oki: Just go for it! LOL!

Jav: Yeah, that's good enough. 


1 kommentar:

Bring it on :D